BRONXVILLE, N.Y. - Alba Ferraguzzi of Bronxville, former longtime Yonkers resident, died May 4. She was 103.
Ferraguzzi was born Aug. 31, 1910, in Springfield, Mass., to Domenico and Lisa Mantovani. She and her husband Louis formed the Valley Upholstery Corp. in Springfield around 1930 and several years later relocating the firm to New York City. She served as president until selling the company in 1958. A longtime resident of Yonkers, she was a member of St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church in Bronxville for many years.
Ferraguzzi is survived by her sons, Leonard A. (Olga) of Venice, Fla., and David J. (Patricia) of Tisbury, Mass.; five grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; daughters-in-law; and grand daughters-in-law; several step granddaughters; and step great-granddaughters. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Louis M.; son, Louis E. (Pat).
Calling hours are Thursday, May 8 from 3 to 7 p.m. at F. Ruggiero & Sons, Inc., 732 Yonkers Ave., Yonkers, NY 10704. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday, May 9 at St. Joseph's Church, Bronxville. Interment will be private.
Donations in Ferraguzzi’s name may be made to Cross International Catholic Outreach.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Bronxville's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Richard Wilhelm Joins Bronxville's Chapel School As A Spanish Teacher
- 5 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures