BRONXVILLE, N.Y. - Alba Ferraguzzi of Bronxville, former longtime Yonkers resident, died May 4. She was 103.
Ferraguzzi was born Aug. 31, 1910, in Springfield, Mass., to Domenico and Lisa Mantovani. She and her husband Louis formed the Valley Upholstery Corp. in Springfield around 1930 and several years later relocating the firm to New York City. She served as president until selling the company in 1958. A longtime resident of Yonkers, she was a member of St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church in Bronxville for many years.
Ferraguzzi is survived by her sons, Leonard A. (Olga) of Venice, Fla., and David J. (Patricia) of Tisbury, Mass.; five grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; daughters-in-law; and grand daughters-in-law; several step granddaughters; and step great-granddaughters. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Louis M.; son, Louis E. (Pat).
Calling hours are Thursday, May 8 from 3 to 7 p.m. at F. Ruggiero & Sons, Inc., 732 Yonkers Ave., Yonkers, NY 10704. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday, May 9 at St. Joseph's Church, Bronxville. Interment will be private.
Donations in Ferraguzzi’s name may be made to Cross International Catholic Outreach.
- 1 Häagen-Dazs Unveiling New Nationwide Look In Bronxville
- 2 Missing 14-Year-Old Eastchester Girl Is Found In NYC
- 3 Flood Mitigation Passes, Synthetic Hayes Field Turf Rejected, In Bronxville
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Bronxville
- 5 Bronxville Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm