EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- If you would like to stay in town this weekend, here are a few things you might like to do.
Saturday, March 10
- Bronxville Elementary School will be hosting a carnival in the cafeteria and gym (Meadow Avenue entrance) from 10 a.m. to noon. The school will be collecting cups full of change and food for "Smart Snacks," a local outreach program providing healthy snacks to needy children.
- Village Lutheran Church will be sponsoring a Good News Christian Coffee House opening at 7 p.m. with gourmet coffees and pastries and then a concert with Psalm 96 starting at 7:30 p.m. $10 for adults; $5 for high school and college students; $3 for children 5 to 12. Childcare is available with advance request. For more information, contact 914-337-0207 or www.vlc-ny.org.
Sunday, March 11
- Christ Church Bronxville will hold a chamber music concert at 2:30 pm to support the counseling center. Works by Schubert and Dvorak will be performed. Tickets are $30, $20 for seniors and students. For more information, call 914-793-3388.
- The Bronxville Library will host literary, theater and film critic John Simon, critic at New York magazine for 36 years, in the Yeager Community Room of the Bronxville Public Library at 3 p.m. For more information, contact Bob Scott at rscott@FrenchBlitzerScott.com or 917-647-1169.
- Grammy Award-winning Pacifica Quartet will be performing music by Beethoven, Shostakovich and Dvorak in Concordia College's Hoch Chamber Music Series at 4 p.m. at the Sommer Center for Worship and the Performing Arts on the campus of the college. Violist Lawrence Dutton of the Emerson String Quartet will be joining the quartet for Dvorak's viola quintet. Tickets are $28 for adults and $14 for seniors and children under 12. For more information, call 914-395-4507 or visit www.concordiaconservatory.org.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.