PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – A day of bicycling competitions, guided trail rides, raffles and more will celebrate mountain biking at the 19th Annual Fat Tire Festival at Blue Mountain Reservation in Peekskill on Sunday, June 8 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Throughout the day, local guides will lead trail expedition rides of varying levels. Visitors can also watch or compete in cycling games including races, a wheelie contest, and the Skinny Skills competition featuring a narrow, raised wooden obstacle course.
Food and drinks will also be available and a portion of the proceeds will benefit Friends of Westchester County Parks, Inc. Proceeds from raffle tickets will benefit the Westchester Friends of Parks and the Peekskill Ambulance Corp.
All riders are required to wear bicycle helmets during festival activities. Under New York state law, children under the age of 14 must wear helmets while riding.
The event is presented by Westchester County Parks and the Westchester Mountain Biking Association, a group dedicated to promoting mountain biking on trails in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
Admission to the festival is free. Parking is $5.
Registration begins at 10 a.m. For a schedule of events, click here.
Blue Mountain Reservation is at 435 Welcher Ave
For more information about the Fat Tire Festival, visit www.wmba.org
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Eastchester Man Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring