WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A six-month sting operation involving police from Greenburgh, Yonkers, White Plains and Rye Brook led to the arrest of 28 people in Westchester and Rockland Counties on prostitution and promotion of prostitution charges in connection with the Super Bowl, according to LoHud.com.
In addition to the arrests, 16 underage prostitutes ages 13 to 17 were reportedly rescued. Some had been reported missing by their families, according to the article.
The names, ages and home towns of the people under arrest have yet to be released due to the early stage of the case, according to the article.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Eastchester Man Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring