WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A six-month sting operation involving police from Greenburgh, Yonkers, White Plains and Rye Brook led to the arrest of 28 people in Westchester and Rockland Counties on prostitution and promotion of prostitution charges in connection with the Super Bowl, according to LoHud.com.
In addition to the arrests, 16 underage prostitutes ages 13 to 17 were reportedly rescued. Some had been reported missing by their families, according to the article.
The names, ages and home towns of the people under arrest have yet to be released due to the early stage of the case, according to the article.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Bronxville
- 4 Two Bronxville High School Juniors Named To 2014 All-State Mixed Choir
- 5 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester