WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at the top stories from last week around Southern Westchester County.
- Several Westchester County high schools were ranked among the best in the nation with Bronxville leading the pack at No. 39.
- Yonkers native and Somers head coach Tony DeMatteo is set to kick off his 46th season coaching high school football in the area.
- White Plains resident Karen Hamlin launched "Sounds Good Westchester," a series of music and movement classes for young children.
- Eatarry Café is now open on Main Street in Tarrytown.
- Brian Gaffney, head professional at Scarsdale's Quaker Ridge Golf Club, became the first club pro in four years to participate in the PGA Championship.
- The Enclave at Rye Brook, a new 30-unit residential development , opened its sales office.
- Residents of the Port Chester-Rye Union Free School District will be asked to approve $63 million in major renovation projects .
- Mexican authorities have arrested a man believed to be connected with the killing of Pelham High School grad Harry Devert .
- One girl was killed and a boy was hospitalized after accidentally being struck by a car in New Rochelle.
- A phony Facebook account purporting to be connected to Mount Vernon Mayor Ernie Davis is posting incendiary comments.
- At least two Village of Mamaroneck businesses were called recently demanding payment for water bills as part of a phone scam.
- Four teenagers were taken to Westchester Medical Center on Sunday after their all-terrain vehicle crashed .
- A new playground will be installed at Greenburgh's Lee Jackson school just in time for the new year.
- Michael Ware, an Eastchester resident whose daughter, of Pleasantville, was the driver in a fatal accident in Pennsylvania last year, was sentenced to up to 16 years in prison .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.