WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Authorities believe that human remains found in Mexico may be those of missing Pelham man Harry Devert, according to multiple reports.
Devert family spokesman Jackie Burrell confirmed to Daily Voice that Devert's mother, Ann, a New Rochelle resident, is traveling to Mexico to possibly identify her son's remains.
Devert, 32, went missing on Jan. 25 while traveling in Mexico by motorcycle. Mexican authorities have found remains in two plastic bags near a motorcycle with an identification number matching that of Devert, according to LoHud.com.
Devert was traveling through Mexico on his way to Brazil, with plans to make it in time for the start of the World Cup. When family and friends lost contact with him after Jan. 25, U.S. and Mexican authorities began a search for him. Months after his disappearance, his family and friends still held on to hope that he could be alive.
- 1 Burglary Suspect Apprehended In Bronxville After Overnight Foot Chase
- 2 Bronxville Gets An Assist In Burglaries Investigation
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Man Found Hiding In Closet At Edgemont Home Charged With Burglary
- 5 Yonkers Principal Threatens Soccer Dad, Says Report