WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Metro-North's recent trials and tribulations have taken up a lot of the local media spotlight over the last year, but now Newsweek, has put the beleaguered commuter railroad in the national news.
The article's primary focus is on the myriad problems facing the New Haven Line, but points out problems that any Westchester County commuter can relate to, including overflowing bathrooms, dirty floors, old and outdated equipment, and unheated passenger cars, according to Newsweek.
One commuter told Newsweek that "hitchhiking a ride to work with a serial killer seems like a more pleasant way to travel than commuting another day with Metro North."
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Bronxville
- 4 Two Bronxville High School Juniors Named To 2014 All-State Mixed Choir
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Bronxville Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'