WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - Metro-North announced at 9:45 p.m. Thursday that power has been restored and trains have returned to service with delays following signal issues that stopped trains.
Passengers on the stopped trains were stranded on the rails since about 7:45 p.m., Metro-North said.
Trains were running on all lines -- New Haven (Conn.), Hudson and Harlem -- except on the Danbury (Conn.) branch, it said.
The trains were running on delays and with huge backups in the system.
All trains and services had been halted after the computer system that controls the trains went down at about 7:45 p.m.
- 1 Parkway Road Bridge Project Stalled In Bronxville
- 2 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 3 Couple Killed In Overnight Fire In Yonkers Believed To Be Composer, Pianist
- 4 Rain, Thunderstorms Could Be Coming To Bronxville
- 5 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches