FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said Adam Lanza used his rifle to shoot his way through the locked doors of the Sandy Hook School on Friday morning.
Malloy told interviewers on the Sunday morning news programs that Lanza shot a hole large enough in the door to get through. He got in "by literally shooting an entrance into the building," Malloy told CNN's Candy Crowley.
Investigators believe Lanza died of a self-inflicted gunshot as police were entering the building, Malloy said on ABC's "This Week."
Autopsies on the shooter and his mother, Nancy Lanza, were still ongoing Sunday morning, Connecticut State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance said at a press conference. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner would likely have further information later in the day.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Westchester Native Bruce Jenner Says In TV Interview
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 5 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI