FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said Adam Lanza used his rifle to shoot his way through the locked doors of the Sandy Hook School on Friday morning.
Malloy told interviewers on the Sunday morning news programs that Lanza shot a hole large enough in the door to get through. He got in "by literally shooting an entrance into the building," Malloy told CNN's Candy Crowley.
Investigators believe Lanza died of a self-inflicted gunshot as police were entering the building, Malloy said on ABC's "This Week."
Autopsies on the shooter and his mother, Nancy Lanza, were still ongoing Sunday morning, Connecticut State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance said at a press conference. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner would likely have further information later in the day.
- 1 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 State Police Warn Bronxville Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Bronxville Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Barbara Walters Donates $15 Million To Sarah Lawrence In Bronxville