WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo early Friday announced the following changes to existing vehicle bans.
“Safety remains our top priority,” Cuomo said. “I urge all New Yorkers to take every precaution as we wait out the remainder of this winter storm. Check on your neighbors and loved ones, and only travel if absolutely necessary.”
On Interstate 84 between the Pennsylvania and Connecticut borders, the ban on commercial and passenger vehicles has been extended until 8 a.m.
On the NYS Thruway, Interstate 87, between Exit 24 in Albany and the New York City border, the vehicle ban has been lifted for passenger cars only at 5 a.m. The commercial vehicle ban remains in effect until 8 a.m.
The Tappan Zee Bridge reopened at 5 a.m. to passenger vehicles with a reduced speed limit of 35 mph. The ban on commercial vehicles remains in place until 8 a.m.
On the Long Island Expressway in Nassau and Suffolk counties, the ban on commercial and passenger vehicles has been extended until 8 a.m.
- 1 Burglary Suspect Apprehended In Bronxville After Overnight Foot Chase
- 2 Man Found Hiding In Closet At Edgemont Home Is Charged With Burglary
- 3 Boil Water Advisory In Effect For Bronxville
- 4 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs