EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- An Eastchester Department of Public Works employee was killed when he was crushed by a sanitation truck on Monday, Oct. 7, according to LoHud.com.
Nicholas Farella, 42, was standing on the back of a sanitation truck on Water Street when the truck backed into a telephone poll, wedging Farella between the truck and the poll, LoHud reported.
Farella was rushed to Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx where he died in surgery as a result of his injuries. Police are still investigating the incident, according to LoHud.com.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Bronxville; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Bronxville, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Bronxville Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Black Ice Conditions Expected Through Sunday In Westchester