EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- An Eastchester Department of Public Works employee was killed when he was crushed by a sanitation truck on Monday, Oct. 7, according to LoHud.com.
Nicholas Farella, 42, was standing on the back of a sanitation truck on Water Street when the truck backed into a telephone poll, wedging Farella between the truck and the poll, LoHud reported.
Farella was rushed to Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx where he died in surgery as a result of his injuries. Police are still investigating the incident, according to LoHud.com.
- 1 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 2 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Bronxville Moves Forward With Flood Mitigation, Hayes Field Projects
- 4 Nor'easter To Impact Bronxville On Wednesday
- 5 Bronxville's Downtown Turned Into Country Oasis Filled With Halloween Fun