EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- An Eastchester Department of Public Works employee was killed when he was crushed by a sanitation truck on Monday, Oct. 7, according to LoHud.com.
Nicholas Farella, 42, was standing on the back of a sanitation truck on Water Street when the truck backed into a telephone poll, wedging Farella between the truck and the poll, LoHud reported.
Farella was rushed to Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx where he died in surgery as a result of his injuries. Police are still investigating the incident, according to LoHud.com.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Bronxville's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Richard Wilhelm Joins Bronxville's Chapel School As A Spanish Teacher
- 4 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire