EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – With Mother Nature threatening rain, rain and more rain in Eastchester this weekend, St. Luke’s Episcopal Church was forced to postpone its annual Mother’s Day plant sale.
The event was originally scheduled to run from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Saturday, the day before the holiday. Children and husbands will have to look elsewhere for their last minute gifts, but mothers can join them the following week as the sale goes on as planned.
St. Luke’s Episcopal Church will now hold the event at the same time on May 18. The sale will again take place at the church, off Route 22, behind the Audi dealership. For additional information or directions, call (914) 961-3856.
According to the National Weather Service, there is a 30 percent chance of rain on Friday afternoon, which will rise to 40 percent overnight. On Saturday, showers are likely, with the chance of precipitation jumping to 60 percent.
At the sale, there will be bedding plants, potted plants, hanging plants, and various other gifts that will still be viable outside of Mother’s Day. There will also be a variety of baked goods available.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Bronxville
- 4 Two Bronxville High School Juniors Named To 2014 All-State Mixed Choir
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Bronxville Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'