EASTCHESTER -- Eastchester celebrates 350 years as a town Friday with a gala at the historic Siwanoy Country Club at 40 Mill Road, from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. The event brings food, music and exhibitions to highlight centuries of Eastchester history.
Ticket holders will have access to a cocktail reception with hors d’oeuvres; and pasta, steak and turkey carving stations. The evening will also feature performances by a string quartet ensemble and jazz singer Vanessa Raci, who blends the genre with blues and R&B.
Councilman Joe Dooley said, “Vanessa Raci’s versatility and Siwanoy Country Club’s culinary excellence promises a party befitting the town’s 350th birthday.”
Displays from the Eastchester 350th Educational Program, a history of the town’s golf courses and a replica of the Eastchester Covenant will be on deck to showcase the town’s history. The covenant's reproduction and explanatory brochure is sponsored by the Community Fund of Bronxville, Eastchester and Tuckahoe, Inc.
- 1 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Bronxville
- 3 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Bronxville Saturday