EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- The Eastchester Beautification Foundation (EBF) presented Yellow Rose Awards to private, commercial and public properties at a ceremony and reception held at Eastchester Town Hall last month.
EBF members kept an eye on the businesses and neighborhoods to nominate and vote to recognize those properties that added to the beauty and aesthetic value of the Eastchester community.
Co-Presidents of the Board of EBF, Maura McMahon and Judith Blau, presented the traditional biennial, single yellow rose with a Grand or Classic award certificate for each winner.
Individual Grand Awards were given to:
- Judy Fix for volunteering her time through Girl Scouts and Chamber of Commerce
- Ken Uhle, landscape architect for O'Rourke Plaza
- Margaret Uhle, Director of Town Planning Dept. for her guidance and objective help in relation to Town codes and Master Plan
- Dominick Gizzo from the Highway Department for volunteering to help with planting projects
- Matthew Joseph, Parks Department for his work with the Town Hall Rock Garden
The Grand Winners for Major Renovation were:
Crestwood Music Education Center
Urstadt Biddle Properties Shoppes at Eastchester
The Fresh Market
Judy Blau, EBF Co-President, remarked, “that a well maintained town that cares for its green space, plantings, and buildings, not only adds to the beauty of a town, but also to the health of the community, both physically and psychologically.”
In attendance to help congratulate the winners was N.Y. State Senator George Latimer.