BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- Concordia College President Dr. Viji George is very bad at keeping a secret, and he doesn't care who knows it.
Since taking over as president at Concordia in 1999, George has seen enrollment grow at a time when other colleges are seeing applications decline.
George has overseen the addition of graduate school services and online classes to the Lutheran institution, which began having classes in 1881.
"We're really a small mom-and-pop shop in a world of Walmarts," George told Daily Voice. "We've been around for 135 years and in some ways, probably one of the best-kept secrets in Southern Westchester."
George very nearly missed some of that growth when he announced he would step down as president in 2012. The Tamil Nadu native later changed his mind and stayed.
George also discussed:
- What is Concordia College? (0:08 seconds in to clip)
- The religious component to Concordia College. (0:52 into clip.)
- What kind of student attends Concordia College. (1:38 seconds into clip.)
- Concordia's new graduate programs. (2:42 seconds into clip.)
- George's challenges as president of Concordia. (3:31 seconds into clip.)
- How George addresses these challenges (4:30 seconds into clip.)
- George's Greatest accomplishment as president (5:48 seconds into clip.)
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.