WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Chappaqua's Hillary Clinton was quick with a quip after dodging a shoe that a woman threw at her shortly after she started delivering a speech in Las Vegas on Thursday night.
"What was that, a bat?" asked Clinton, who was unharmed in the incident.
"Thank goodness she didn't play softball like I did," Clinton was then quoted as saying.
Clinton was in Las Vegas to speak to members of the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries.
The woman who threw the shoe, described by the Las Vegas Sun as having long blonde hair, is now in Federal custody.
- 1 Police Investigating Third Home Burglary In Bronxville This Month
- 2 Bronxville Gets An Assist In Burglaries Investigation
- 3 Synthetic Surface To Be Installed At Hayes Field In Bronxville
- 4 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect
- 5 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens