BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The Chapel School was awarded the Stanley J. Kramer Spirit Award by the Lutheran Schools Association during the organization’s annual dinner in Maspeth, N.Y.
The award goes to a school, organization or individual that "demonstrates the joy in ministry, and the creative use of resources in pursuit of educational excellence and proclamation of the Gospel,” according to a press release.
Established in 1947, The Chapel School offers a curriculum focused on academic academics, spirituality, athletics and community service.
“Our goal at The Chapel School is to provide an education that possesses academic excellence, spiritual depth, and moral integrity that enables each child to develop in a safe and nurturing environment,” Chapel School Principal James Dhyne said in a press release.
The Spirit Award is also presented in the memory of Stanley J. Kramer, a famous American film producer, director and influential leader among the Lutheran community.
The Chapel School and Village Lutheran Church are at 172 White Plains Road. For more information about the school and its programs, call 914-337-3202 or visit their website.
- 1 Car Falls Into River Off Parkway in Bronxville
- 2 Bronxville's John Mack Carter, Acclaimed Editor Of Women's Magazines, 86
- 3 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 4 Bronxville Announces Parking Regulation Updates, Permit News
- 5 Metro-North Reports Rise In Crime