BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- Village Lutheran Church hosted its annual Vacation Bible School from Monday, July 21 through Friday, July 25, where children participated in activities and made a quilt for the less fortunate.
The theme was Weird Animals: Where God’s Love is One-of-a-Kind. The children enjoyed interactive Bible stories, music, snacks and crafts, all centered around the week’s theme.
The children also participated in a service project during the week. They worked together to create a quilt for Lutheran World Relief.
Each child designed a quilt square of a unique animal they created. The pieces were sewn together by Sharon Peterson, a church member.
The colorful quilt will be blessed at the church’s Rally Day celebration in September, then sent to Lutheran World Relief, who will send it to a child in need somewhere in the world.
Village Lutheran Church and The Chapel School are at 172 White Plains Road in Bronxville.
For more information about The Chapel School and its programs, call 914-337-3202 or visit www.thechapelschool.org.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Eastchester Man Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring