EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – To celebrate the lives of the victims of the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2011, Eastchester and Bronxville motorcyclists will once again host the annual Motorcycle Run and Barbecue.
For the fourth straight year, all riders are welcome to join motorcycle enthusiasts on Sunday, Sept. 7, as they ride with a police escort from Eastchester Town Hall to the site of the former World Trade Center and back to Lake Isle to commemorate the 13th anniversary of the attacks.
Registration is required, and has already started, with all proceeds being used to benefit local charities. It will cost $45 per rider, and $5 per passenger. There will be a $15 admission fee at Lake Isle for non-riders, with children getting in free.
All riders must sign wavers to participate in the motorcycle run. Registration will be held from 8 to 10:45 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 7 at Eastchester Town Hall. Kickstands go up at 11 a.m., and the barbecue will be held from noon to 6 p.m.
There will be live entertainment, a variety of bands, refreshments and raffles at the barbecue, which will be held on the finish line at Lake Isle.
To register, call Richie Steigelman at 914-224-9269 or e-mail him at email@example.com. There will be $10 taken off of the fees for early registrants.
- 1 Bronxville Ranked Among New York's Safest Places To Live
- 2 Bronxville Attorney Charged With Stealing From Escrow Accounts
- 3 National Weather Service: Bronxville's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 4 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 5 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester