EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- As part of Assumption College’s 30th annual Undergraduate Symposium, Justine DiDonato, an Eastchester resident and member of the college’s Class of 2014, was presented with the departmental award for international business.
Sixty-seven students were recognized for academic excellence during the ceremony, which was held on the Worcester, Mass., campus in the Chapel of the Holy Spirit. Awards ranged from departmental honors to special recognitions, to Augustine Scholarships, the college's highest academic honor.
Kenneth Corriveau, '92, chief information officer for Omnicom Media Group Worldwide, addressed the gathering by sharing his thoughts on the value of a liberal arts education.
"Each year, Assumption College takes on the difficult task of recognizing its most meritorious students in each of its major programs of study," said Academic Dean Eloise Knowlton. "To receive an award is to be named the best among peers in the field. Among so many excellent and excelling students, it is never an easy choice to make; to be named an honoree is a significant achievement."
- 1 Burglary Suspect Apprehended In Bronxville After Overnight Foot Chase
- 2 Man Found Hiding In Closet At Edgemont Home Is Charged With Burglary
- 3 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Boil Water Advisory In Effect For Bronxville
- 5 Bronxville, Scarsdale, Greenburgh Police Team To Investigate Burglaries