WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Westchester County Health Department will offer free rabies vaccinations for dogs, cats and ferrets owned by residents on Sunday, March 9, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at Stamen Animal Hospital in New Rochelle.
Cats and ferrets must be in carriers and dogs must be on a leash. Aggressive dogs must be muzzled. No examinations will be given.
Rabies is a fatal disease that is spread through the bite or saliva of infected animals. Those animals most commonly infected are raccoons, skunks, bats and foxes. However, domestic animals such as cats and dogs are also at risk because they can easily contract rabies from wild or stray animals.
Vaccinations will be given by appointment only.
Call Stamen Animal Hospital at 914-632-1269 to set up an appointment for your pet.
Stamen Animal Hospital is at 61 Quaker Ridge Road in New Rochelle.
- 1 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 2 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Bronxville Moves Forward With Flood Mitigation, Hayes Field Projects
- 4 Nor'easter To Impact Bronxville On Wednesday
- 5 Bronxville's Downtown Turned Into Country Oasis Filled With Halloween Fun