EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Eastchester High School and Middle School will take part in the American Cancer Society Eastchester Relay for Life on May 17.
This year marks the sixth year of participation for Eastchester High School and second year for Eastchester Middle School. The teams have helped raise about $50,000 through their participation, according to a press release.
"This is an all-important and on-going cause. This year, we are honored to have been asked by the American Cancer Society to host the Survivor and Caregivers Dinner being held the evening of Relay at the Concordia College campus," representatives said.
The Survivor and Caregivers Dinner is set to begin at 5 p.m. at the Concordia College dining common at 171 White Plains Road in Bronxville.
"So many of us have family members, friends and colleagues, maybe even ourselves, who are in our schools, work places, and neighboring communities, who have been touched in one way or another by a cancer diagnosis. It is a very personal journey, one that is taken with the support and caring of those we most trust and cherish," representatives said.
The Survivor and Caregivers Dinner offers an opportunity to bring guests. Attendees must either be a survivor or family member or friend of a survivor.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Westchester Native Bruce Jenner Says In TV Interview
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 5 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI