BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- The topic of this year's Student Faculty Legislature Day at Bronxville High School on Friday, Jan. 29, is" Understanding the Syrian Refugee Crisis."
The SFL has amassed more than 20 prominent speakers on a variety of aspects of the topic and from various points of view and include such luminaries as:
- Willa Frej, Huffington Post
- Journalist, Antti Pentikainen executive director, Religions for Peace
- Tony Sayegh, director of Jamestown Assoc./Fox Commentator
- Sana Mustafa, Syrian student at Bard in asylum
- Andrew Courtney, Peace Activist and Refugee Advocate
- Frank Brodhead, historian, activist
- Mustafa Y. Ali, Secretary General
- Admiral J. Robert Lunney, WWII Admiral
- Danielle Butin, Founder and Director of AFYA
- Mahmoud Mahmoud, Director of Church World Service
- Iman Boukadoum, Interfaith Center of NY
- Professor Anjum Gupta, director of the Immigrants Rights Clinic, Rutgers Law School
- Allison Casey, UNICEF
- Mayor Mary Marvin, Village of Bronxville
- Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough, hosts, Morning Joe
- Professor Bassam Rifai, Council on American-Islamic Relations, Seton Hall, NYC Bar Association
- Abby Bruell, Sylvia Wong Humanitarian Program & Policy Officer, director, Concern Worldwide
- Mita Hosali, Deputy Director, UN News and Media Division
- Catherine Tinker, Adjunct Professor, School of Diplomacy and International Relations, Seton Hall
Students will be assigned to attend two sessions for a full day of learning and to understand the problems facing the refugees.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.