BRONXVILLE N.Y. - The Bronxville School Foundation will have its sixth annual
2.5-mile Katie Welling Memorial Run/Walk Saturday in memory of the late Bronxville High School graduate.
The event is in honor of Katie Welling, who graduated from Bronxville High School in 2002 and died in 2005 in an off-campus fire at Miami of Ohio University at the age of 21.
The event is something a lot of Bronxville residents look forward to participating in, said Peggy Williams, executive director of The Bronxville School Foundation.
"The memory of Katie's wonderful sense of humor, her infectious laugh and her love of life still shapes and colors our lives and keeps us all forever connected with her," said Williams in a statement. "Toward this end, her vast array of friends have organized the run/walk."
Below are the details for those who want to sign up:
- Time: Check-in is from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Registration ends at 8:30 a.m.
- Start of Race: 9 a.m.
- Place: Front lawn of The Bronxville School, 177 Pondfield Road.
- Distance: 2.5 Miles
- Entry Fee: $30
- Age Groups: 8 and under; 9-12; 13-18; 19-35; 36-49; 50+ (all groups are co-ed).
For check-in/packet pick-up and late registration:
- From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday at The Running Company Store, 52 Pondfield Road, Bronxville
- From 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Saturday at The Bronxville School
You can register online. Donations also can be made online or send a check by mail to The Bronxville School Foundation, 177 Pondfield Road, Bronxville, NY 10708. Make checks payable to: "The Bronxville School Foundation."
- 1 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 2 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 3 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 4 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 5 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train