BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The Bronxville Chamber of Commerce has scheduled a series of events for the holiday shopping season.
These special programs include the annual Light Up the Town tree-lighting event (this year, with a twist), a Buy Bronxville Holiday Coupon, a raffle for free Saturday parking in Bronxville village for a year, special performances, free parking days and more.
“We’re excited to heighten the festivities in Bronxville this year, so the chamber has planned even more attractions for 2013,” said Bronxville Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Susan Miele said in a prepared statement.
The events includes:
- Light Up the Town Tree-Lighting and Family Shopping Stroll: 6-9 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6. The tree-lighting ceremony begins at 6 p.m. at the corner of Park Place and Kraft Avenue, featuring a visit from Santa and a performance of a capella carols by SHA! Capella -- a group of Bronxville students whose talents led them to perform at Madison Square Garden. The ceremony will conclude by 6:30 p.m.; stores will stay open until 9 p.m., providing various shopping enticements, such as complimentary refreshments and specials.
- Buy Bronxville Holiday Coupon and Free-Parking Raffle: Throughout December, dine at a participating restaurant and collect this coupon, redeemable for 10 percent off the shopper's one-time, total purchase at any of the 21 participating Bronxville stores (valid Dec. 1-24). For the complete list of participating stores and restaurants, visit http://www.bronxvillechamber/holidays. On the coupon’s reverse side is a raffle-entry form. Enter for your chance to win free Saturday parking for an entire year in the heart of Bronxville, courtesy of the Bronxville Chamber of Commerce and James Van Metter Wealth Management.
- Special Holiday Performances: To take place throughout the season to entertain shoppers, including Young at Arts, scheduled for Dec. 19.
- Free-Parking Days: In honor of Small Business Saturday (Nov. 30), from noon to 6 p.m., Bronxville shoppers can enjoy the opportunity to not feed the meters in the following areas: All of the metered spaces on Pondfield Road and Kraft Avenue plus the metered spaces on Palmer Avenue, the metered spaces in front of Chase Bank, and the metered spaces on Parkway Road. Also, courtesy of The Village of Bronxville, on from noon to 6 p.m. on the following Saturdays: Dec. 14 and 21 there will be free parking in the following locations: Garden Avenue lot, Kraft Avenue lot and the Avalon lot, as well as metered spaces on Pondfield Road, Studio Arcade, Parkway Road and Palmer Avenue.
- Visual Guide to Bronxville Holidays: The chamber maintains a photo album on Facebook, which is updated often. Do a little armchair shopping in Bronxville.
- Other events have yet to be scheduled. Additional details regarding the Bronxville holiday shopping season will be announced in the coming days and can be found at http://www.bronxvillechamber.com/holidays and on the chamber’s Facebook page and Twitter feed.
For more information, contact Miele at email@example.com or 914-337-6040.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.