WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Two weeks after AOL gave up its controlling interest in its hyperlocal news website network, Patch, new owners Hale Global laid off as much as two-thirds of its editorial staff nationally, according to Business Insider.
Business Insider reported that Patch's Connecticut staff had been reduced from around 100 to around just five editorial employees. It did not state how many New York reporters had been let go.
Patch's nationwide network will reportedly shrink from nearly 1,000 active sites to just 250. The remaining sites will aggregate stories or turn to local bloggers for help, according to the article.
As many as 400 more employees were laid off in the first round of "restructuring" in August 2013.
- 1 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Bronxville
- 4 Eastchester Police Investigate Series of Home Burglaries
- 5 Two Bronxville High School Juniors Named To 2014 All-State Mixed Choir